Our plastering course are suitable for any person wishing to learn, beginners to advance plastering, practical hands on courses. Ranging from 1 week to 6 week City and Guilds NVQ Plastering Courses.
- City & Guilds Basic Construction Skills – Plastering (6217): This is a basic introduction into the world of construction and gives you an overview of the plastering industry. You will learn the most basic plastering skills and be ready for the next level of education.
- City & Guilds Construction – Plastering (6314): This involves 3 differing levels with Level 1 dedicated to beginners. Level 2 is for those that are past the beginner’s stage and are looking to take on more responsibility. Level 3 is an advanced course which invites you to take on a specialist area in the field of plastering.
- NVQ Levels 2 & 3 in Plastering
- CSkills Awards Diploma in Plastering
- Ascentis Preparation for Employment in the Construction Industries
What You Will Learn
You will find that there are businesses in the construction industry that offer plastering courses with City & Guilds or NVQ qualifications. It is worth looking into these courses though it may be safer to deal directly with City & Guilds. In an accredited course, you should learn the following:
- Our 10 Day Plastering Courses are full on Advanced 10 day Courses that enables each student to Plaster Ceilings and Walls, Reskim, and Overboard ceilings. From Plasterboarding to Plastering over Artex, you will complete your 10 day course with Coving and Floor screeding to Inverted Manholes.
- No other Training Centre offers what we do. This is an Intense 10 Day Plastering Course which is ideal for those students with little Or no experience. Please read what you will recieve for your money and then do a comparison. We do NOT rush our training it’s just that we believe that you need to be on the tools from the start, it’s the only way you learn.
You may even wish to further you skills and work towards City and Guilds Plastering Qualification Or NVQ. The choice is yours.
We have New facilities to cater for every aspect of Plastering. What more would you expect from the Leading Training Provider located in Essex.
- “We are Plasterers that teach Plastering” and have many years of experience.
- “Come and see for yourself and ask the students” It’s not the distance that you travel to a course, It’s the Quality of the Training in Real life Scenarios. If you want a change in Career and have no experience we will get you qualified as a Plasterer.
- Pay-As-You-Train options to suit your needs are also available. In other words you can pay for your course by instalments. You can stagger your course to suit your needs.
You have booked on a 10 day Course and cannot do all 10 days at once. No Problem Just let us know what days you can complete and we will tailor it around you.
Intensive 10 Day Plastering Courses – Content week one – Monday – Friday
- Health & Safety Induction
- In depth discussion and demonstration of plasterboarding ceilings and overboarding existing ceilings including plasterboarding round RSJs
- You will then plasterboard your Ceiling in your allocated room
- Learn how to cut and fix Plasterboards correctly then scrim tape the joins
- Cut and fix angle beads to windows and returns
- Demonstration and then you will apply 2 coat skim finish (Plaster) to your own ceiling using the correct method and following the procedure for cutting back etc…
- In depth discussions, demonstrations using the corrct mixes over all substrates and applying render scratch coats to walled areas
- Float all the walls as a backing coat – we advise students to do as many walls as possible
- The use of scratch coats and screeds to be used as well as free rule.
- Demonstration of Render top coats
- Apply all Top coat backing coats to standard
- All Floated out walls will be rubbed up smooth, then on completion devil floated ready for plastering the following day.
- Demonstration of Scrapeback and cut back prior to skimming (applying finish plaster)
- Demonstrations of skimming window walls, reveals, piers, columns, flat walls
- Apply 2 coat finish plaster (skim) to all walls flat and smooth using the correct procedure from your starting point
- You will then change rooms and carry out repairs to ceilings and walls
- Learn how to apply Direct Bond (dot and dab) correctly using gypsum guidelines
- In the afternoon you will have a discussion about pricing work, types of plasters, different backgrounds etc
- Sit a written quotation test so that a good understanding on pricing is calculated
- You will also prepare your ceilings using Artex patterns prior to the following day. (optional)
- This is your new room that you will have to complete in one day
- You will carry out a glue float and set using bonding
- Re bead the windows and external corners
- Re-skim (Plaster) the ceilings and walls to a high standard and finish externals with and without beads
- The bonus to this day is that you are now skimming over Artex.
- By applying the trowel float trowel method you will skim your artex ceilings and walls all together to consolidate how much you have learnt on the first 3 days all rolled into one day
- In depth class discussion of completed day
- Using the correct tools you will learn how to Cove out areas using 4″ & 5 “coving
- Coving out the rooms using various tools for internal, external and offset angles.
- Using the correct tools you will learn how to complete your own floor screed correctly
- This will be the day you will finish the rooms off completely with floor screeding to our set FFL.
- You will also be given up to date information on screeding using various types of insulation such as cellotex, from conservatories to New Builds we have the knowledge and experience. We will also be covering unbonded and bonded floors knowing all regulations to the relevant substrates.
Advanced Plastering Course content week 2 – Monday – Friday
During this Advanced Course you will learn how to:
- Plasterboard your ceiling in your allocated room, learn how to cut and fix boards correctly, plasterboard the walls using the direct bond method (dot and dab) with adhesive, construct an arch to a specified shape and size. Cutting correctly thin coat beads to all external angles, scrim taping all joins in plasterboards to ceiling walls and internal ceiling and wall joins and wall to wall joins. 2 coat skim (Plaster) the ceiling over plasterboard. Option – May Overboard Ceiling.
- Float all the walls as a backing coat, the use of scratch coats and screeds to be used as well as free rule, flat render. You will learn how to free hand all external angles, bullnose corners etc.. Finish off with Devil Flaoting prior to applying 2 coats of finish plaster.
- Move into your second room and seal all plaster using pva sealer, re-cut thin coat beads and fix to external angles, glue and 2 coat skim ceiling finishing to a barrel. glue and 2 coat skim walls using internal corner trowels as required.
- Move into your third room seal glue and 3 coat skim ceiling to a curve if required, you will be using the trowel float trowel method of 3 coating a Ceiling, you will be shown how to straighten the ceiling lines with the use of a featheredge, you will 2 coat skim (Plaster) the walls and these will be expected to be perfect.
- Complete floor screed using inverted manholes and drain pipes, up to date specifictions using cellutex insulation.We will discuss any areas that we feel you need more tuition with, you can also let us know what areas you would like to practice more with, we will accommodate, this so when you leave you are capable of completing jobs to a professional and high quality standard.
Please Call – 01708 344700