- This Course is designed for all, from No Experience to the General Builder Or quite simply for those wishing to complete home improvements and wishing to learn.
- All Qualification courses can be done over weekends
Saturday: Practical Hands On:-
You will skim (plaster) ceilings and walls during this course and also complete the following below:
- Health & Safety Induction
- In depth discussion and demonstration of plasterboarding ceilings and overboarding existing ceilings including plasterboarding round RSJs
- You will then plasterboard your Ceiling in your allocated room
- Learn how to cut and fix Plasterboards correctly then scrim tape the joins
- Cut and fix angle beads to windows and returns
- Demonstration and then you will apply 2 coat skim finish (Plaster) to your own ceiling using the correct method and following the procedure for cutting back etc…
Sunday: Practical Hands On:-
- Reskim Ceiling by applying 2 coats of finish plaster
- Demonstration of Scrapeback and cut back prior to skimming (applying finish plaster)
- Demonstrations of skimming window walls, reveals, piers, columns, flat walls
- Apply 2 coat finish plaster (skim) to all walls flat and smooth using the correct procedure from your starting point
- You will then change rooms and carry out repairs to ceilings and walls
- Learn how to apply Direct Bond (dot and dab) correctly using gypsum guidelines
- In the afternoon you will have a discussion about pricing work, types of plasters, different backgrounds etc
Questions that should be asked when booking with your chosen course provider?
- Name six backgrounds that Thistle Bonding can be applied over?
- Name 2 backgrounds that Thistle Hardwall can be applied and why?
- What is shelling and how do you overcome it?
- Why shouldnt you PVA float work?
- What is the Trowel Float Trowel method, and where would you use it?
- How do you hold off plaster to tackle those bigger areas? Why not ask your course provider the answers before booking onto your course.
- Difference between qualities of sand that can have an adverse effect to rendering?
- Why apply scratch coats, name the various mixes to all substrates?
- Variants of backing plasters and its usages?
- Understanding the gauge of plaster mixes?
- Differences between Mutli Finish and Board Finish, and what substrates it can cover?
Prior to attending your Plastering Courses with Goldtrowel
You will receive:
- Prior to the Practical Plastering Course you receive, upon deposit, the following training material.
- Part 1 DVD training film on solid plastering
- Part 2 DVD training film on solid plastering
- Part 1 DVD Perfect skimming techniques
- Plasterers Training Manual (code to download for free)
- You should download & study the training manual FREE from Members Login.
- Fully illustrated 83 page Plasterers Training Manual (code to download for free)
- Point to Note – If you would prefer to cover something else we can accommodate this.
Who should take this course?
- Any person wishing to learn, bearing in mind plastering, rendering and pebbledashing are hands on trades.
- If you want to learn plastering for DIY purposes or for advancement in your profession then these courses are ideal.
- They are also great for builders, painters, bricklayers, and other construction trades who wish to advance their careers.